Garcia DoMinates in the Desert Gaming New M Metalwoods, P750 Irons, Milled Grind Wedges & TP5 Golf Ball & Moves Back into the Top Ten of the Official World Golf Ranking
New 2017 M drivers collect their FOURTH consecutive global win on Tour.
BASINGSTOKE, Hants. (5 February, 2017) – Sergio Garcia claimed his 12th European Tour title as he completed a dominant wire-to-wire win at the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. Gaming a full bag of new 2017 TaylorMade equipment, including the new 2017 M2 Driver and TP5 golf ball, Garcia set the tone for the tournament with an opening 65 and never looked back. Wearing adidas Golf apparel and footwear, Garcia continued his momentum and finished strong with a bogey-free round 69 to get to -19, beating his nearest competitor by three shots.
What You Need To Know:
- This win marks Garcia’s 12th win on the European Tour and moves Garcia back into the top ten of the Official World Golf Ranking
- Garcia’s win is the 4th worldwide and 2nd on the European Tour this year for TaylorMade’s 2017 M drivers. The PGA Tour saw fellow Spaniard Jon Rahm claim victory at the Farmers Insurance Open last week gaming a 2017 M2 Driver.
- Garcia plays the 2017 M2 Driver, 9.5* with the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80 X
- TaylorMade had 45.5% driver and 41.9% fairway wood counts at the tournament, both of which led all manufacturers by substantial margins. The 2017 M1 440 claimed No.1 Driver model.
- The all-new M metalwoods have dominated during the European Tour Desert Swing claiming #1 Driver model at each tournament.
- Garcia claimed the second global victory for the new TP5 golf ball. TP5 and Tp5x golf balls are available in March.
- Garcia also played the new P750 Tour Proto irons with Nippon Modus 130 X shafts throughout the set.
- Garcia’s win marks the second win for the adidas Golf Powerband Boa Boost
In Garcia’s winning Bag?
- 2017 M2 Driver / 9.5* / Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80 X
- 2017 M1 Fairway 15* / Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80 X
- 2017 M1 Fairway 19* / Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80 X